10/28/20 Update: Due to Idaho being rolled by to Stage 3 restrictions, there will be NO formal gathering or ride this month.
We still encourage you to go ride Friday and take pics to share with us and PLEASE drop food donations off at Eichardt's or Greasy Fingers Bikes.
This is it...
When: Fri, Oct 30th @ 8pm
Theme: Thanks4giving 9
So, some fun full moon facts this month. For one, there are 2 full moons in October this year. The first happened on October 1st. Our ride falls on the second and is referred to as a Blue Moon. You have heard people say, "Once every Blue Moon?" It is a rare occurrence, but the moon is not really blue in color. Also, this moon will be the furthest distance from the earth than any other this year, and will appear smaller than normal. It is referred to as the micro-moon. Fascinating stuff right?
Oh, and technically the full moon falls on Saturday, which is Halloween. The full moon will not fall on Halloween again until 2039! So, be sure and get out Saturday too.
Ok, so on to the ride. This is the 9th year for our food drive event to pack the Food Bank full before Thanksgiving. Most of you have probably done this ride in the past, but as with everything in 2020 you can take your expectations and flush them down the toilet. Here is how this year's ride will happen.
- Buy items from the following Food Bank need list: peanut butter, juice, coffee, breakfast cereal, canned fruit, mayo/mustard, jam, canned meat, canned beans, canned veggies, tuna, pasta, canned soup, and spaghetti sauce. Do not bring homemade items/canned products, expired items, unmarked cans or anything opened...no brainer there. Cash donations will also be accepted.
- Bring items with you to Eichardt's Friday or drop them off at Greasy Fingers Bikes before the ride.
- We will leave Eichardt's and carry all the items on our bikes over to the food bank where John will meet us and check all the food in.
- We will leave food bank and continue on to the destination for some socially distanced fun.
Some notes for pre-ride, ride and post ride:
- Maintain distance and PLEASE try and hang out BOTH inside and outside to distribute crowds.
- If you want to gather before the ride leaves, gather at MickDuff's Beer Hall as well as Eichardt's. We will have spoke cards at both locations and ride departure will also be announced at both locations.
- DO NOT bring food into Eichardt's, there will be no weigh in.
Last year we biked over 665lbs of food and $350 in cash to the food bank so let's try and beat that this year! Can't wait to see you all.