When: Tue, Nov 24th @ 7pm
Theme: Thanks4Giving IV
Some people in our community don't have enough food, let alone during the holidays. Enter, the Bonner Community Food Bank. They do good work and every November Full Moon Fiasco we ride and help them out. Which in turn allows them to help people that need food.
Last year FBC Sandpoint donated a total of 413lbs of food and $86 cash. Our top individual donation was 65lbs of food. Impressive, but WE WILL BEAT THAT THIS YEAR! Here we go with dets...
Regarding your money for the evening:
- Save your dollar donation for a spoke card...you will get 1 spoke card for FREE this month with any food donation
- Save the money you might have spent on a costume this month, this evening is about giving
- Save the money you would have spent on drinks at the ride destination--if you bring a food donation to Eich's you will get a coupon for 1 FREE drink at our secret destination
- SPEND all this saved up money on food items for the Food Bank
- You will bring your donated food items with you to Eichardt's at 7pm (you will NOT have to take them on the ride with you) so bring as much as you can possibly handle.
- You will try and bring food items that are on the following "need" list (although I'm sure they will take others): peanut butter, juice, coffee, breakfast cereal, canned fruit, mayo/mustard, jam, canned meat, canned beans, canned veggies, tuna, pasta, canned soup,and spaghetti sauce. One important item, Food Bank says they need 1,000 turkeys so bring them! Do not bring homemade items/canned products, expired items, unmarked cans or anything opened...duh.
- Everyone's food items will be weighed at Eichardt's and an individual weight list will be compiled
- The FBCers who bring the most food (as weighed on our precision weighing device) will receive sweet prizes.
Don't wanna go shopping or haul food around? Then just bring a cash donation. However, you have to bring food in and get it weighed at 7pm if you wanna compete for prizes and the free beer.