Once we had all the food logged, we packed it in trailers, baskets, backpacks, trikes, panniers, etc and biked it all over to the Food Bank. There, employee John, came in after hours to greet us and check in all our food.
Now, before I proceed, let me first say that I threw down the challenge that we needed to beat last year's donation totals. And we did, by almost double! 45 riders, 413lbs of food and $86 cash for the night.
To put this all in perspective, the Dept of Agriculture estimates the average person eats 4.7lbs of food per day. $1 roughly buys you 1lbs of food. So, FBC Sandpoint's donation will feed just over 173 people for a 1 day.
Top food bringers for the evening: 1st=FBC Lifetime Member for Life Frank with 65.21lbs and 2nd=FBC Lifetime Member for Life Brandon with 32.09lbs.
This evening, like many of them, would not be possible with the help and generosity of our community and local businesses. Thanks to:
- Larson's for the $50 gift cert for our top bringer
- IPA for opening up after hours and being our final destination/party pad...Uncle John, Vicky, Sam and Jake
- Of course the Bonner Community Food Bank for the hard work and dedication and in particular John for coming in after hours to meet us
- Greasy Fingers Bikes N Repair for the light set that went to second place bringer
- Stratasoul for bring some of their sweet recycled inner tube items for swag, you really gotta go check that stuff out.
For visuals, click HERE
P.S. Stay tuned for dets on our next ride, Festivus...you will not wanna miss this party.