When: Thur, Nov 6th @ 7pm
Theme: Thanks4Giving III
Yes, I like using Roman Numerals...and I like that some people still can't figure them out.
Anywho, with November comes Thanksgiving and then Christmas. All these fine holidays with family and friends typically involve food. Some might indulge in things they don't normally eat, while others may just over indulge. All fine and dandy. However, some people in our community don't have enough food, let alone during the holidays. Enter, the Bonner Community Food Bank. They do good work and every November Full Moon Fiasco we ride and help them out. Which in turn allows them to help people that need food. You follow?
Last year FBC Sandpoint donated 277lbs of food and $200 cash--WE WILL BEAT THAT THIS YEAR! Here we go with dets...
Regarding your money for the evening:
- Save your dollar donation for a spoke card...you will get 1 spoke card for FREE this month with any food donation
- Save the money you might have spent on a costume this month, this evening is about giving
- Save the money you would have spent on drinks at the ride destination--if you bring a food donation to Eich's you will get a coupon for 1 FREE drink at our secret destination
- SPEND all this saved up money on food items for the Food Bank
Regarding the agenda for the evening:
- You will bring your donated food items with you to Eichardt's at 7pm (you will NOT have to take them on the ride with you) so bring as much as you can possibly handle
- You will try and bring food items that are on the following "need" list (although I'm sure they will take others): peanut butter, juice, coffee, breakfast cereal, canned fruit, mayo/mustard, jam, canned meat, canned beans, canned veggies, tuna, pasta, canned soup and spaghetti sauce. Do not bring homemade items/canned products, expired items, unmarked cans or anything opened...duh.
- Everyone's food items will be weighed at Eichardt's and an individual weight list will be compiled
- The FBCers who bring the most food (as weighed on our precision weighing device) will receive sweet prizes.
What's the sweet prizes you ask? Not sure yet. More to come on that, but I can tell you they will be sweet. Have I ever lied to you?
Once we have weighed all the food and determined our weight winners, we will load all this food into bike trailers (if you have a bike trailer and wanna help haul, email me at BikeNerd7B@gmail.com) and then we will all caravan over to the Food Bank. Once we have handed over all the food to the Food Bank rep, who is graciously coming in after hours to check all our food in, then we will head to our final destination. There we will find more good times, warm accommodations and oh, that FREE beer.
Don't wanna go shopping or haul food around? Then just bring a cash donation. However, you have to bring food in and get it weighed at 7 if you wanna compete for prizes and the free beer.
I am not usually so long winded, but there are a lot of details this month and this is very important. So, read it again if you need. Email if you have questions or have a trailer.