Ahh, here were are approaching this time of giving. And Black Friday. And crazy deals.
When: Tue, Dec 17th @ 7pm
Thanks to Lifetime Members for Life Al and Jeff, we will celebrate Festivus this year. Don't know what that means? Take 11 minutes out of your life to hear about this great holiday via Seinfeld.
Got it now? Good. Regardless of weather, grab your bike and head down to Eich's. Break out that bad holiday sweater, elf outfit (please!), santa suit or whatever. Bring with you a wrapped gift of no more than $5 (no fake donation cards please).
We will do a shorter route through town, and stick to main arteries if there is foul weather. We will end somewhere warm and gather around a durable, but strong aluminum pole. And then we will commence with our annual FBC Gift Exchange.
Friday, November 29, 2013
Wednesday, November 27, 2013
So, we donated more pounds of food than last year (277lbs), more money than last ($200) and had more riders than last year (35ish). All this happened on a night much like last year, rainy and cold. Not that the weather seems to matter much to you all.
Wondering about what impact FBC made? The Dept of Agriculture estimates the average person eats 4.7lbs of food per day. $1 roughly buys you 1lbs of food. So, FBC Sandpoint's donation will feed just over 100 people for a 1 day. Hellz ya!
We had a contest to see who could bring in the most food (in lbs). Lifetime Members for Life Jake and Angela took in top honors with over 73lbs, followed by Brandon and Connie (36lbs), Party Marty (17lbs) and Dick and Linda (16lbs).
The FBC Headquarters is small but mighty. It always takes several hands to pull off a month of Full Moon fun. This month was an exception, there were many, many people that contributed to make this night a success. This is kinda like the movie credits, but in this case DO NOT tune out as these folks deserve some props...
- Larson's for donating a $50 gift cert for our top prize
- Idaho Pour Authority and Uncle John for donating growlers
- Eichardt's, Jeff Nizzoli and Paz for opening up on a night they would have been closed for maintenance...and donating a $25 gift certificate...this is home
- Eureka Institute and Steve Holt for allowing FBC to use the facilities for the after party
- Bonner Community Food Bank and John Larabee for opening after hours to take in our food
- Father Mark (and his assistant Tina) for making some damn good home brew and donating it to you thirsty riders
- Fast Eddie for cutting and hauling in firewood and building a bitchin hot bon fire
- Lifetime Member for Life Liz for heading clean up
- Last but not least, J-Rad, for well, being J-Rad and taking care of all the details
And of course a big thanks to all you riders who hauled in food and braved the weather to help others...and drink free beer.
That concludes this review, for visuals click HERE