When: Sun, Nov 17th @ 7pm
Where: Eichardt's (yes, they will be open 6-8 just for fbc!)
Theme: Thanks4Giving II
Holidays are a great time to eat good food and hang with friends and family. But what might come easy for some, can be a challenge for others. The Bonner Community Food Bank needs help in fulfilling food demands for the upcoming holidays. This is where you FBC Sandpoint members come in...
Last year FBC Sandpoint donated 273lbs of food and $100 cash--WE WILL WANT TO BEAT THAT THIS YEAR! Here we go with dets...
Regarding your money for the evening:
- Save your dollar donation for a spoke card...you will get one spoke card for FREE this month with any food donation
- Save the money you might have spent on a costume for the ride, this evening is about giving
- Save the money you would have spent on drinks at the ride destination, there will be FREE HOME BREWED beer (along with some other beer) at destination
- SPEND all this saved up money on food items for the Food Bank
Regarding the agenda for the evening:
- You will bring your donated food items with you to Eichardt's at 7pm (you will NOT have to take them on the ride with you) so bring as much as you can possibly handle
- You will try and bring food items that are on the following "need" list (although I'm sure they will take others): peanut butter, juice, coffee, breakfast cereal, canned fruit, mayo/mustard, jam, canned meat, canned beans, canned veggies, tuna, pasta, canned soup and spaghetti sauce. Do not bring homemade items/canned products, expired items, unmarked cans or anything opened...duh.
- Everyone's food items will be weighed at Eichardt's and an individual weight list will be compiled
- The person who brings the most food (as weighed on our precision weighing device) will receive a sweet prize
- What's the sweet prize you ask? How about a $50 Gift Certificate to Larson's!!...among other prizes
Once we have weighed all the food and determined our winner, we will load all this food into bike trailers (if you have a bike trailer and wanna help haul, email me (BikeNerd7B@gmail.com) and then we will all caravan over to the Food Bank. The Food Bank office will be a little intermittent stop en route to our final destination. Once we have handed over all the food to the Food Bank rep, who is graciously coming in after hours, then we will head to our final destination. There we will find good times, warm accommodations and oh, FREE beer.
Don't wanna go shopping or haul food around? Then just bring cash donation. However, you have to bring food in and get it weighed at 7 if you wanna compete for prizes and the gift certificate. Got all that? I know it is a lot, so you may wanna read it again...