When: Wed, Nov 28th @ 7pm
Do you like to eat? I do. Do you like to indulge around the holidays with family and friends? I do too. Some people aren't as fortunate. The Sandpoint Food Bank is here to help, but needs food donations. So, I'm asking you FBC Sandpoint members to pitch in and in return you will have an evening of fun, sweet prizes and free beer. Here's what is gonna happen...
Regarding your money for the evening:
- Save your dollar donation for a spoke card...you will get one spoke card for FREE this month (and only this once!) with any food donation
- Save the money you might have spent on a costume for the ride, this evening is about giving
- Save the money you would have spent on drinks at the ride destination, there will be FREE beer there
- SPEND all this saved up money on food items for the Food Bank
Regarding the agenda for the evening:
- You will bring your donated food items with you to Eichardt's at 7pm (you will NOT have to go on the ride with them) so bring as much as you can possible handle
- You will try and bring food items that are off the following "need" list (although I'm sure they will take others): peanut butter, juice, coffee, breakfast cereal, canned fruit, mayo/mustard, jam, canned meat, canned beans, canned veggies, tuna, canned soup and spaghetti sauce. Do not bring homemade items/canned products, expired items, unmarked cans or anything opened...duh.
- Everyone's food items will be weighed at Eichardt's and an individual weight list will be compiled
- The person who brings the most food (as weighed on our precision bike weighing device) will receive a sweet prize
- What's the sweet prize? How about a $50 Gift Certificate to Larson's!!...among other prizes
Once we have weighed all the food and determined our winner, we will load all this food into bike trailers (if you have a bike trailer and wanna help haul, email me (BikeNerd7B@gmail.com) and then we will all caravan over to the Food Bank. The Food Bank office will be a little intermittent stop en route to our final destination. Once we have handed over all the food to the Food Bank rep, who is graciously coming in after hours, then we will head to our final destination. There we will find good times, warm accommodations and oh, FREE beer.
One last thing, if you can't make the ride or if you have someone that just wants to donate some food, Eichardt's will have a dedicated table set up inside to collect all the food items for us. Bottom line, drop off food anytime that day, BUT you have to bring it in and get it weighed at 7 if you wanna compete for prizes and the gift certificate. Got all that? I know it is a lot, so read it again...
Any questions, use that little email address above and hopefully it makes its way through the world wide web to me.