When: Tue, Nov 20th @ 7pm
This is our annual ride to collect food for the Bonner County Food Bank. Last year the weather was super shitty for our ride. Surprising, we had a good turn out but it did hurt our total food weight for the evening. We raised 392 lbs of food last year. As a comparison, we had 609 lbs of food the year before that. Our goal every year is to BEAT THE PREVIOUS YEAR'S TOTALS! I would think we should be able to take it one step further this year, and reach our high mark of 609 lbs. So, here is how the evening will go down.
Regarding your money for the evening:
- Save your dollar donation for a spoke card...you will get 1 spoke card for FREE this month with any food donation
- Save the money you might have spent on a costume this month, this evening is about giving
- Save the money you would have spent on drinks at the ride destination--if you bring a food donation to Eich's you will get a coupon for 1 FREE drink at our secret destination
- SPEND all this saved up money on food items for the Food Bank
Regarding the agenda for the evening:
- You will bring your donated food items with you to Eichardt's at 7pm (you will NOT have to take them on the ride with you unless you want to) so bring as much as you can possibly handle.
- You will try and bring food items that are on the following "need" list (although I'm sure they will take others): peanut butter, juice, coffee, breakfast cereal, canned fruit, mayo/mustard, jam, canned meat, canned beans, canned veggies, tuna, pasta, canned soup,and spaghetti sauce. Do not bring homemade items/canned products, expired items, unmarked cans or anything opened...duh.
- Everyone's food items will be weighed at Eichardt's and an individual weight list will be compiled
- The FBCers who bring the most food (as weighed on our precision weighing device) will receive sweet prizes.
Once we have weighed all the food and determined our weight winners, we will load all this food into bike trailers, if you got a trailer or bike baskets bring them, and then we will all caravan over to the Food Bank. Once we have handed over all the food to the Food Bank rep (John), who is graciously coming in after hours to check all our food in, then we will head to our final destination. There we will find more good times, warm accommodations and oh, that FREE beer.
Don't wanna go shopping or haul food around? Then just bring a cash donation. However, you have to bring food in and get it weighed at 7pm if you wanna compete for prizes and the free beer.